Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Camp Creek Burn

I went out in the woods today - in an area where the USFS recently did a controlled burn. I had been out there a couple of times recently and last time wanted to return. So I returned with my camera, hoping to double up my work with my leisure. I got a lot of photos that I really like, and now will see if I can cut it down to a small group for the blog. It was a lovely afternoon, sunny and breezy.

(This first one is a shot of the area where I was making photographs)









I just love these mushrooms on mushrooms!





To me, this one looks so much like a snake with perhaps another snake choking it....




4 comments:

Clarity said...

These are just beautiful. You ought to print a book of photographs. I was moved by the image of the slightly charred leaf, now delicate and translucent. The twisted twig-like objects look like wirework, and the second last picture a plant that looks like a shell, impressive. What sort of camera do you use? though of course that has little to do with...

Atlsat said...

Beautiful photo set Honor, I really like the spider and mushroom group.

Honor Woodard said...

Thank you Clarity. I think often of doing a book. Perhaps I am getting closer. Sort of hoping for a writer or poet to get involved....
I am shooting with an SLR digital camera - a canon 20d with a 40mm lens (people keep asking). THanks for your comments - they lift me up.

belindadelpesco.com said...

Beautiful photographs, and sensitive portraits. Great with a brush or a lens = good eyes.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon