Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another rich cove...

This one, Till Ridge Cove, is closer to home than the last. There is still a lot blooming out there, and this is one of the best places i know. Very magical. I hope these macro images are not getting boring. I'm having a lot of fun with them. I hope you enjoy them, too...

I think this is an Umbrella Plant (Peltiphyllum peltatum)


Trillium Grandiflora


The Blood Root (Sanguinaria canadensis) just loves it here...


I've seen Foam Flower (Tiarella cordifolia) before, but somehow never noticed the orange...




Showy Orchis (Galearis spectabilis)


Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum commutatum)


Solomon's Plume (Maianthemum racemosum) (aka False Solomon's Seal)




4 comments:

Clarity said...

The foam flower is unlike anything I've seen before, how do you recognize all these?
I really like the Galearis spectabilis and the beautiful woodland captured below. The Macro photography is just right, depth of field really adds to the power of imagery.

Honor Woodard said...

Thanks. I have lived here about eight years now, and have tried to learn as many plants and trees as I can. There are so many more that I don't know, but each year I learn a few more, and sometimes lose a few. This is a particularly biodiverse area - I think second to China. Are you in London and do you ever go to the Kew Gardens?

Clarity said...

You are blessed and it's wise to take the time to familiarise yourself with them. I actually have been planning to go to Kew for ages. I am about half an hour away but "something" always comes up :) I hope this Summer is different.

Honor Woodard said...

I ended up in Kew by accident one time. It's a longer story than I want to post in a comment. Maybe for another time. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your trip to Kew on your blog sometime.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon