Monday, January 18, 2010

Basics...

Early this week, I was out at the lake doing some Intuitive Catalyst work, and the final morning I woke up way too early and caught the sunrise. Luckily, I got a couple of shots before the battery died on me. It's been so cold lately, I guess it wasn't holding the charge well. The top shot had some camera shake, it appears (no tripod and 6-8 second exposure), and I like the layered fog appearance this created.



Today I was out looking at a local controlled/prescribed burn nearby - 800 acres on the north rim of the tallulah gorge. I came upon the loveliest little spring where I took a drink. Tucked in between hills, this spring issued forth and the water was so beautiful and clear. A little ways down the trail was a rock with the most vibrant yellow lichen, that didn't get spoiled in the fire. It was such a beautiful day, and a relief to find a burn that didn't appear to be way overdone.



And friend and Co-ForestWatcher, Joe was with me today and took this of me drinking from the spring - I like the burst of light from the sun on the water. And I just have to say how amazing it is to live in a place where one can drink of waters that issue forth from the forest floor. How lucky I am...

1 comment:

Adam Stoltman said...

Wow.

Such natural beauty.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon