Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And then...

There was a continuous light show in the sky. I lay in bed, looking up through the skylight, as the clouds above strobed on and on - the sky was never dark for about an hour. The clouds were filled with lightning - running in all directions except down. The colors ranged from yellow to brown to purple to blue.
And there was a single, lone lightning bug floating around me and landing on me. Strange feeling to be laying under the skylight, so close to all that lightning, tin roof just overhead. What a show.

3 comments:

Clarity said...

That sounds as dramatic as the opening to Macbeth. I might have been a little cautious in the same position and missed th show. Welcome back.

Honor Woodard said...

Thank you Clarity. It was strange and exciting, and I was simply grateful that the lightning kept to lateral strikes and not vertical ones. From my count, it was at times a few miles up into the sky. Seems storms have been changing over the years.

Adam Stoltman said...

Yes, what lovely and evocative writing. It feels a bit as if it portends great and dramatic events....

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon