Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Abstract Progress...


This abstract painting is very different from other painting I have done. I have to surrender to the paint and the process and the moment. The ego has to get out of the way completely, because there is no planned outcome. The moment takes over and I have to respond in each moment to the surface, how the paint is drying, how the shapes and colors relate to each other. It is a journey without a destination. Hopefully it will take a pleasing form and inform me when it is complete...



This is the friend who died yesterday - a beautiful juv American Robin.

1 comment:

Atlsat said...

Very nice, great use of colors and layers again. I see where you darkened painting 3 a bit. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon