Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today...

I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I headed back toward the confluence. I thought I would explore the area that I didn't get to yesterday and see what else I might find. I meandered down beautiful, windy roads through rolling hills and farmland and what looked like more mounds, but who knows... Then stopped by a state park with a great overlook high above the Mississippi, then back north past Wickliffe and on across the Ohio then the Mississippi. I had hoped to explore a bit between the two, but there was a state park there that had been closed down and gated and I didn't see a good access. Instead I pulled on down a road that led under the bridge over the Mississippi on the Missouri side. I didn't take many photos today. Saw some turkeys and a couple deer along the roads, and more birds. Photos are just from the shore of the Mighty Mississippi. May she carry strong medicine down to the gulf...


No idea what kinds of fish these are, but found them visually interesting anyway...




These snakes had just hatched out, as I could see their squiggles in the sand, and actually saw one slinking away....


1 comment:

Adam Stoltman said...

Seems like a fine walk.......

Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon