Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hidden Treasure...


I was out in my woods behind the cabin today, looking for chanterelles, which I would normally have lots of, but these last couple of years the drought has done away with them. Anyway - I only found one chanterelle, sadly, but there were lots of other fun mushrooms to look at (though not edible) and then I happened upon this little lady, peeking shyly out of the dirt and leaves. Now she lives by the pond. Interesting how her hands are held up to her head - almost like she is doing what I sometimes want to do when the neighbors run their machinery - which they started doing as I considered where to place her. Any name suggestions??

1 comment:

Debrah said...

Love this little cherub in the moss. 'Thinking of a name.
Your photography and your paintings are beautiful

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon