Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Friend...

Two mornings ago, I went for a hike on the Bartram Trail from Warwoman Dell before work. Warwoman Dell is where I met with the hawk a couple weeks back, and where I last saw him. This time there was a kitten in the woods. Pretty tiny, all by herself. She talked a lot and ended up even following us up the trail a ways. She seemed to want to come home with me and would come within reach, but instinctively wouldn't let me grab her. Yesterday Karen went back with food and a carrier and brought her to my house. She seems to feel right at home, and appears to have no fear. She has stood down both of my cats, and is happy to hang on the front porch. I'm still waiting for her to tell me her name. Any suggestions considered....


4 comments:

Clarity said...

This is why I'm glad I'm an early riser.

She is adorable and seems to know her place in the world. Seriously, I would name her "Cat". Simple, of her world and true.

Adam Stoltman said...

Just darling....

and seems you have a new charge.....or perhaps the other way around.

I like "Cat" too. Very Breakfast at Tiffany's....or perhaps there is a name that speaks to her fearless, somewhat independent and confident nature....beautiful, wise eyes too.

Brooks said...

There are 2 names name that speak to her fearlessness, independence, confident nature and courage and her beauty. One is currently taken and the other is Warwoman.

Atlsat said...

Beautiful cat, great photos. How about Cherokee? You found her in an area where a Cherokee woman was named. Or Intrepid, since she was so brave and bold in the wilderness and has no fear.

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon